What Is The Matchmaker's Triangle?
The Objective, The Universal Objective?
“To Produce and Maximize Valuable Customer Relationships On Purpose – in any selling situation!”
The Matchmaker’s Triangle is a Navigational System & a Consultancy.
- You can implement the System without us whispering in your ear by attending webinars and seminars.
- You can ask us to show you how to use the Strategies, Tools, and Rules to build your business.
(As a system, it has been used since 1959, and it does not fail as long as it is used as a navigational system to assist in decision making, as opposed to a “paint by numbers” cure all for the vagaries of the business world.)
Nuts & Bolts of Our Universal Approach (Our Dogma):
Marketing is the Homework. Selling is The Test. You can avoid the homework. You can never avoid The Test.
Because the homework and the test need to be seamless and successful, our Co-founder, Ted Steinberg, developed The Matchmaker’s Triangle. It's a set of management tools (discipline providers) for mastering the worlds, business people are forced to live with: 1) The Fantasy World, and 2) The Reality World.
Our Dogma Hunts in The Fantasy World & The Reality World!
Business is a Process. Mastering it takes a Discipline. The Matchmaker’s Triangle provides the process and the discipline. The process, in the form of tools & rules. The discipline, in the form of a philosophy to guide you.
Because businesses are known by Who they sell, What they sell, and How they sell, The Matchmaker’s Triangle organizes the matchmaking relationships between three forces: The Who, The What, The How. (These forces represent the corners of the triangle. The sides represent The Why - the rationale for why you think the match would work for either party.)
In The Fantasy World, you are granted three wishes.
- You can sell anyone you want. [aka, The Who = individuals & groups of individuals & companies of individuals.]
- You can sell anything you want. [aka, The What = stuff & stories & promises & expertise.]
- You can sell any way you want. [aka, The How = strategies, structure, systems, style, skills, staff, etc.]
In The Reality World, Plausibilities are Discovered.
Sales testing reveals the possibilities, probabilities, and actualities. When your possibilities become plausible, you’re a hero. When they don’t you’re miserable. To avoid the suffering, here are the issues:
- Who will you be able to sell on doing business with you? (In the way that you want?)
- What will you be able to sell them when they do business with you? (In the way that you want?
- How will you be able to sell them on doing business with you? (In the way that you want?)
The Secret Word is Else. Your performance is impacted by being able to, willing to, and ready to do what you needed to, wanted to, and demanded to do! (Else extends your horizons.
- Who Else will you be able to sell on doing business with you?
- What Else will you be able to sell them on doing business with you?
- How Else will you be able to sell them on doing business with you?
Nuts & Bolts of The Reality World – Summary:
- The Reality World Operates in Two Modes:
- Project Mode, where you are projecting what will happen in Production Mode.
- Production Mode, where you are producing the results that your squared with the projections.
- Each Mode is divided into nine steps: Preparing. Planning. Promoting. Prospecting. Beginning The Sales Process. Continuing The Sales Process. Finishing The Sales Process. Satisfying The Agreement. Maximizing The Relationship.
- The last five are The Five Steps to Heaven.
- The first four are The Four to Get Ready.
- Each step looks at who, what, and how you want to sell. In other words, each mode uses The Matchmaker’s Triangle to assist you in creating the best matches for you and your customers,.
- The matchmaking choices and activities you selected in Project Mode are tracked in “The Hopper.” The Hopper is a Nine Step Global Tracking System; it operates in Production Mode to keep track of the activities performed by each salesperson and of the responses received from each customer
- The Hopper can be operated in Excel or as an adjunct to a CRM. Before there were personal computers, Steinberg operated The Hopper by hand on rolls of butcher paper. He would cut off each week’s activities and tape them on the wall so that my clients could see if their objectives were being met.
- The Objective? “To Produce and Maximize Valuable Customer Relationships On Purpose – in any selling situation!”
By using the same methodology to develop projects and produce the results, you systematically improve The Reality World.